Monday, September 13, 2010

Thinking Outside the Box... In the box!

It's really easy to keep doing what we've always done.  But, where does that get us?... Where we've always ended up!  I've really been trying to think outside the box and feel free to express myself more with my work.  In "real life", I'm kinda "out there"... My new pieces will be reflecting more of that.

Here is a found object assemblage that I made.  I think it was mostly inspired by my dad.

My thoughts that went into this piece...  When you live closed minded and "shut up" and don't open your heart to true love, you lose out.  When you die it's too late.  Now, I'm not talking about true love of someone else, I'm talking about true love of yourself.

The bird is flying away with the shinny key to his rusty heart.  It was never used... I'm sure you could all find different meanings in this peace (clock, falling rose petals, etc.).  It is something true but different for everyone. I would love to hear your thoughts and feelings on this piece. 

I hope you all have a fabulous evening...
Smiles,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear comments!